Skip to main content
Topic: Harmonica diatonic notation in place of standard notation (Read 2617 times) previous topic - next topic

Harmonica diatonic notation in place of standard notation

Is there some way possible to place harmonica notation in the file instead of the standard note notation, or in addition to.  I would like to add the harmonica notation to many of the religious songs that I have in NWC format.

Re: Harmonica diatonic notation in place of standard notation

Reply #1
If you have a font with these notation symbols, you can refer to it by going to "Page Setup" (the open book icon), and installing it as a user font.  When you "insert text", you can use that font for your special symbols.
Since 1998

Reply #2
I'm trying to remember Harmonica tab...it's the numbers 1-10 or 1-12 or whatever, with the draw notes circled? or do you use arrows for blow/draw and circles for the sharping slide of a chromatic harp? I play a little harp, but I read standard notation.

In any case, what I'd do is put them as text additions (press "x" and experiment), or possibly as lyrics.
If you set one of your User fonts for the "Wingdings" font, you'll have two styles of circled numbers and several choices of up/down arrows.

Reply #3
I didn't even know harmonica used tab, and I've been playing it for 25 years!
I just read the notes on the staff...