Skip to main content
Topic: Making corrections to chords, and other questions (Read 2026 times) previous topic - next topic

Making corrections to chords, and other questions

Hello,

First, I have a question about making corrections to chords in Composer. For example, you want to enter a chord consisting of the notes F-A-C. You enter F-B-C by mistake. Is there a way to move *just the center note* down? In Composer I know you move a single note, or an entire chord, by pressing Ctrl-Shift-Down. But is there a way to move a single note *within* a chord?

Second, I often use Finale Notepad for "rough drafts" of my pieces, because in some ways it's easier for me to use than Composer, but it doesn't have MIDI recording capability as Composer does (and I don't want to plunk down the requisite $69 for the better Finale). To transfer my music from one application to another, I have to go back and forth between the two of them, entering one note at a time into Composer.

There *has* to be an easier way to do this--I've tried making a WAV recording of the song from Finale, then converting that to MIDI and opening it in Composer. But WAV to MIDI converters have an annoying habit of adding extra notes ("harmomic overtones", I think they're called) that really messes up the look of the sheet music. I just want two tracks--one for the bass and one for the melody--but I end up with far more than that when I use a WAV to MIDI converter.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Making corrections to chords, and other questions

Reply #1
No, you can't individually move or otherwise modify members of a chord. You have to delete the incorrect member (using CNTL-Backspace) and re-insert it correctly.