Skip to main content
Topic: WinGroove (Read 4623 times) previous topic - next topic

WinGroove

Hey, for those of you that know WinGroove, could you please give me a hand? When I use WinGroove as my driver, it sends the music to my speakers at an incredably high level. This causes a great ammount of distortion. Is there any way to customize Wingroove to take care of this? Or is there something that i need to do in noteworthy? Noteworthy is not the only program that i run into this problem with, but it is the only one without volume controls to lower output levels.

thanks,
Jason

Re: WinGroove

Reply #1
For WIN95, create a shortcut for your volume control or mixer and put it in your start up menu. Then task-switch (alt-tab) to flip over to your mixer and set the volume.
I asked for a volume control on the wish list, but on WIN95, there is one on the task bar. But WIN95's is slow.
For win3.1, open the mixer or task-switch to the program manager and pick the group that has the mixer, adjust the volume, then switch back.

Reply #2
The best thing to do with WinGroov is chuck it in the bin -
see the problems I posted about it to this forum in October.

Reply #3
ok.. so I put it away in the roundfile, but what do I substitute it with? The prog greatly improves my computers sound, and my computer, if unaided, frankly, sucks.

Reply #4
What sound card are you using?

Reply #5
Nigel, October's Forum notes are not available in the archive. I've downloaded WinGroove with a view to using it, but your note has me concerned. I have a 486DX4 100Mhz machine with 20 Mb of memory. I'm operating under Windows for Workgroups 3.11 and I have an SB16 soundcard. I have the latest NWC V1.50. I do not have a midi-card. Could I ask you to reiterate your issues with WinGroove ? and let me know what I need to do to 'hear' the sound of NWC files to some degree of accuracy (at least to hear flutes differently to the piano! and not like a "comb and paper"). If it is because I have not set up NWC or the Sound-card properly I would appreciate some guidance.