Skip to main content
Topic: Importing Midi file dificulties (Read 4668 times) previous topic - next topic

Importing Midi file dificulties

Dear friends:

I am evaluating the NWC in my XP window. When I try to open a MIDI file appears the next message: "There was a problem with the file". And when I open a NWC file created by another user:"This file failed to open. It either does not exist or may be corrupted." This files have no problems and work with other programs.
Please your help.
Mikel

Re: Importing Midi file dificulties

Reply #1
Very strange indeed.
First, we might investigate the files themselves. Could you mail them to rob.den.heijer at nl.abnamro.com ?
(replace ' at ' with the at-sign please)
I will tell you if importing and opening files succeeds with 'my' Noteworthy 1.75b and NWC2.
Rob.

Reply #2
Also see me reply on the similar thread. My guess is that it's a binary vs. ASCII download problem.

Reply #3
You might be right there. But that is easy to check: a Midi-file should be playable in the Windows Media Player. Double clicking on it should stat WMP, or maybe RealPlayer, or whatever media-player is associated with the .mid extension.
Does this player fail also? If so, then yes: the file is corrupted. I'd like to know.
Rob.

Reply #4
Normally, NWC will detect ASCII download problems for *.nwc files, and the error message will indicate this. Standard MIDI files are expected to follow the MIDI specification.

Reply #5
We have now ascertained that the files themselves are quite in order. I can open them both.
Rob.

Reply #6
What did you use to open them?

Reply #7
I used Noteworthy for both files.
In my view, something is definitely wrong with this specific installation on this specific computer.

Reply #8
I was using the NWC's 1.70 version when I had the problems already mentioned. Then I download the 1.75 version & both files were opened, but I couldn't see anything. I had opened the MIDI files with Synthfont and I had no problems. I must say when I used the old version in my Windows 95 PC, I hadn't troubles.
Please a little help, and excuse my english.
Mikel

Reply #9
Quote :-  And when I open a NWC file created by another user:  "This file failed to open. It either does not exist or may be corrupted."

This error  message is produced  in NWC when you try to open a file from 'File'\'History' and the file has been moved  to another location.

Are you using  'File'\'open' and 'File'\'Import' to open the files ?

Reply #10
In other words: when you do a simple File/Open, can you then open the file? I suppose you can. The other way is to go from your Explorer to the file you want, and doubleclick.
The Story Continues...

Reply #11
Dear friends:
I don't know how, but the problem was solved. Today, I opened the involved files and other and I could work.
Thanks to all they was interested in my trouble.
Sincerely,
Mikel