Skip to main content
Topic: NoteWorthy Composer (Evaluation) program (Read 7693 times) previous topic - next topic

NoteWorthy Composer (Evaluation) program

I know that the NoteWorthy Composer (Evaluation) program is a shareware for evaluation up to 30 days. Does this evaluation program become non-functional after 30 days?

Re: NoteWorthy Composer (Evaluation) program

Reply #1
If so then this is a change from what I remember.  It used to be that the program was fully functional except that you could only save 9 changes to any one piece before that piece would become locked in its then current form pending registration, and that any score prints would display prominently that they were done with an unregistered version on NWC.

Reply #2
Milton, you are right, you can only save 10 times (i.e. you get a reminder each time you save that you only have x times left). Also, I haven't printed my music yet, but in Help, it does mention what you said, the unregistered user bit...

If the program does become no longer functional, then, oh well,...

Reply #3
The current version does, in fact, become non-functional after 30 days, from what I've heard.  I was an unregistered user too long ago to have experienced this firsthand.  But why wait to find out?  Register! :-D
Sincerely,
Francis Beaumier
Green Bay, WI

Reply #4
I didn't wait the full thirty days - I was so impressed with the program that after about 15 days, I just said "Sign me up!"
Haven't regretted it since.

user since 1.5 (1.52?)

Reply #5
i used the eval uation program for about 1440 days until I got the registered version but I wanted it after about 20 getting 40 bucks was the problem

Reply #6
I need to use punctuation

Reply #7
Over 1440 days, it would have cost you less than 3 cents per day. So, what's the problem?

Reply #8
Absolutely do register NWC!  I have tried demos of Finale and Sibelius and for any use except full orchestral scores or film scoring requiring heavy-duty global changes NWC has them beat hands-down for ease of use, flexibility, effecient use of computer resources, and quality of MIDI import.  I know we gripe about some shortcomings of NWC's MIDI import, but both Finale and Sibelius are awful in this regard.  My CD is too old for the NWC2 beta, so I'll just buy NWC2 when it is finally released.

Reply #9
Why not just buy 1.75b (or whatever the suffix is)?  I doubt that NWC2 will cost less (although this is pure specutation), and having 1.75 will give you a no-fee upgrade to NWC2 post-beta, as well at the fun of using the beta version.  The interest on about $40 (US) is worth foregoing for having the beta.

Reply #10
well, Ron I have this problem of when I get money I spend it very quickly. saving up the money was the problem

Reply #11
I upgraded for only $15. I got the CD mailed to me, and was then able to receive nwc2. I understand that I can get the final version for free when released.