Skip to main content
Topic: How do I hide the entire staff? (Read 2625 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I hide the entire staff?

I can hide everything in the staff, but when I try to hide the staff also the lines are still displayed (albeit with no notes, etc.) Any ideas? Did I miss something? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: How do I hide the entire staff?

Reply #1
File, Page Setup. Then unmark the parts that are to be visible. The unmarked parts will also not print.

Reply #2
Steve, I suppose you meant "Then unmark the parts that are to be INvisible" :)

a precision too: in the File/Page Setup window, it's in the "Contents" tab.

And if you don't want to hide the staff plus its contents, for example to display notes but not the staff, then the following procedure will do the trick:
on the intended staff, select all the objects you want to keep visible. Assign them a specific color (highlight 1, 2, or 3 that you specifiy to be black). Then select nothing and press F2 (staff properties). Assign it another highlight color that you specify to be white.
That way the staff disappears, but the elements you specified remain.

Oh, and to specify which highlight color is what, go to Tools/Options/Color tab (a file must be open).

Last remark: the colors options are "general" to NWC, not to a specific file. This means that if you send your file, then another user will probably see it not as you. You need to document it in some way, such as in Information section: "highlight color 1 = black, highlight color 2 = white"

HTH!

Reply #3
Oop. That's what I get for posting something on the "fly". You are absolutely correct. Thanks!

Reply #4
Thanks guys! Helped alot!