Skip to main content
Topic: note chasing highlighter (Read 2653 times) previous topic - next topic

note chasing highlighter

hi, the notechaser during playback does not automatically scroll (to the right) when chasing the notes during playback of the songs that i create. But it does work when i play one of the demos that came w/ the software..
any ideas, tanx shawn

Re: note chasing highlighter

Reply #1
The only time I've seen this is when playing a piece with no barlines.

Reply #2
idem for me.

In case you don't want to display bar lines, first add them (easily with menu Tools|audit Bar lines) then hide them:
select one, edit its properties (Alt+Enter, "visibility" tab, show : Never); then copy that one and replace the others with it. (quicker than selecting them one by one to hide them). on keyboard you just have to use Ctrl+Right arrow, Shift+left arrow to select the next one.

HTH :)

Reply #3
Note chasing also *seems* not to work if you have one staff shorter than the others and if that staff is the current one (i.e. highlighted) when you start playback. NWC stops chasing when it comes to the end of the current staff - which seems quite a reasonable thing for it to do. To ensure that NWC chases to the very end, make all the staffs the same length or make the longest staff current before starting playback.

HTH