Skip to main content
Topic: MIDI MIDI MIDI Aaaaah! (Read 3148 times) previous topic - next topic

MIDI MIDI MIDI Aaaaah!

You know what? After using Noteworthy Composer, I discovered that composing using a score sheet is MUCH MUCH more complicated than I thought. I also found out that MIDI files are more complicated than I thought. Sheesh.

At least I learned A LOT about composing on score sheets.

Re: MIDI MIDI MIDI Aaaaah!

Reply #1
Composing to a blank score is always difficult at first, but I've been using Noteworthy Composer now for 2 months, and I've got to say I've never found a notating program that's easier to use. I churned out a full score of Thick as a Brick, by Jethro Tull in the equivalent of about 15 hours. It can't get much easier than that!

Reply #2
Adam said:

<<<I churned out a full score of Thick as a Brick, by Jethro Tull in the equivalent of about 15 hours. It can't get much easier than that!>>>

Man! I'd be VERY interested to see that! I LOVE Thick as a Brick! I rank it with Stand Up, Aqualung and Songs From the Wood as my favs.

Andrew

Reply #3
i found this site on google so i have no idea how mew this is or anything but i was looking for the full midi of thick as a brick. and a copy of it would be greatly appreciated. i need to learn the entire song on keyboard soon and i'm looking for the sheet music or a midi. if you wouldn't mind sparing me a few minutes of your time i would love a copy.

Reply #4
Mike,

you'll find TAAB on the NWC Scriptorium. There is also Passion Play : search the scripto for jethro+tull.

The score is in NWC format, and you can download free NWPlayer or NWPlug-in. A plug-in for Winamp is also available!! You can even download NWComposer and try it, and see how wonderful that tool is!

HTH,
Marsu (happy reg'd user of NWC)

Reply #5
Oops! Forgot the link for NWComposer :^)