Skip to main content
Topic: Problem in playing Vanbasco (Read 6138 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem in playing Vanbasco

I am having a problem with my vanbasco player.Whenever I try to play some files, a vanbasco's karaoke player-error always appear, with caption saying " A device ID has been used that is out of range for your ystem". Does anybody know how to remove this?

Re: Problem in playing Vanbasco

Reply #1
G'day Manuel,
I'm sorry, but I can't help you.  While I use VanBasco's myself, I'v never seen the error you refer to - perhaps a visit to the VanBasco site is in order...
http://www.vanbasco.com/

Lawrie
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
If this happens on all files, then I would suggest checking the MIDI tab's "Output Device" in Setup.

If this happens on only some files, then the files might be setting a device port that the player cannot handle.

Reply #3
How awfully neighbourly of you to respond to someone who has a problem with another program!
But, then, when Van Basco is installed at least the SW Synth will not be muted - which is a great bonus for Noteworthy users.
By the way, would it be possible to check the SW Synth settings automagically when Noteworthy starts, to see if it's not accidentally muted or has its volume set to zero? And correct it, while you're there?
cheers, Rob.

Reply #4
@ NoteWorthy Online,
I am a newbie and have the same problem with vanBasco. i want to follow your advice, please  kindly explain further your post-If this happens on all files, then I would suggest checking the MIDI tab's "Output Device" in Setup.

If this happens on only some files, then the files might be setting a device port that the player cannot handle.
thank you.

Reply #5
manuel, which situation applies to you (happens on all files, or just some)?

Reply #6
manuel, which situation applies to you (happens on all files, or just some)?

it happens in all files, because the error appears as soon as i start clicking the vanbasco icon.
<Image Link>

Reply #7
I'm just guessing, but as I mentioned before, I would look into the setup options. You do this by right clicking in the title bar of the main window, then selecting Setup.

Reply #8
NoteWorthyonline,
Thank you very much, my vanbasco is now fixed. you are correct, the problem is the output device that i accidentally changed from its default setting.