Skip to main content
Topic: Adding a line-break to a Stave (Read 3118 times) previous topic - next topic

Adding a line-break to a Stave

Greetings,

I was trying out your evaluation copy of noteworthy and have been unable to figure out how to add a line-break to a stave. The stave just keeps growing to the right. Print preview has it going right off the side of the page.

There's probably some obvious command that I am overlooking....

Cheers,

Jay

Re: Adding a line-break to a Stave

Reply #1
System breaks are placed automatically by NWC. At the moment, there is no way to manually insert a system break. The system breaks will only occur at a bar line. If your printout goes off the right side of the page, you may need to add bar lines. A tool exists to do this automatically, on the Tools menu.

I hope this helps. ---- Eric (support@noteworthysoftware.com)

Reply #2
If your bar lines go off the edge of the page you need to adjust the margins so that all the music is within the margins of your printer.

Reply #3
As of version 1.70, bar lines can be configured to force a system break in the top most staff of a system.

Bar lines must be present in order for NWC to print a staff or system. If you do not want bar lines in your final printout, then you can hide the bar lines so they only appear in the editor, and are used only in print formatting.