Skip to main content
Topic: I want NWC2, bought early NWC1, upgraded to 1.75b (Read 7795 times) previous topic - next topic

I want NWC2, bought early NWC1, upgraded to 1.75b

I am a longtime user, and fan, of NWC very interested in participating in the public preview of NWC2.  I purchased an early NWC version quite a while ago and have upgraded all the way up to v 1.75b, but I haven't a "Qualifying Program package" as you describe it.

Can I be qualified for NWC2?  (I meet all the other requirements.)

I think my input would be helpful to you, as I am a longtime computer professional as well as amateur composer.

Thanks,

Art

Re: I want NWC2, bought early NWC1, upgraded to 1.75b

Reply #1
Hi Art,
You're actually writing to hundreds or thousands of NWC users when you post to the forum.  You were probably meaning to contact the folks at NWC.  Try writing directly to them at support@noteworthysoftware.com.  They won't have your email address otherwise.

Having said that, I think everything you're asking is set out here:
http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/nwc2/

The "package" costs US$10, for which you get a CD ROM for the latest 1.75 version, but more importantly, with your registration key.  Once you have that, you can download and start using the public preview version of NWC2.

Reply #2
Hundreds of thousands? Really? I did not realise that nwc was that big. That's the number of composers plus the number of viewer-users? I don't think the number of composers using nwc is that big, but I would be delighted if it was.

Reply #3
He said hundreds or thousands.  Tens of dozens seems about right.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
Ah... I am due for an eye test, anyway. Maybe I'll get a big 19'' flat screen.

Reply #5
...or maybe you'll fall flat on your face... ;-)

Yes, I read it "of," too. What does this tell you? After being a typographer for 24 years, and I still cannot proofread! :-)

Reply #6
its dat mean Eric!!... dats why youre not qualified!!...

Reply #7
If you keep calling Eric mean, I might start calling you names. Everything has been explained to you in triplicate. What is it, mud in your ears?
And if you don't improve your spelling, I'll call the grammar police. So there.

Reply #8
Hey, n why u joinin in, Rob? Seems like Eric aint gon change his mind, so Ima keep hatin him!!!

Reply #9
Quote from: "Rob den Heijer"
If you keep calling Eric mean, I might start calling you names. Everything has been explained to you in triplicate. What is it, mud in your ears?
And if you don't improve your spelling, I'll call the grammar police. So there.
HAHAHA!!, I AINT GON STOP TYPIN WRONG WORDS!!!

Reply #10
Quote from: "Rob den Heijer"
So there.
SO WAT, WHERE?!?

Reply #11
Got you right where it hurts, this time?
If you're ever going to outsmart me, you won't do so by being stupid.

There once was a brat called M E
Who hardly could count up to three
He was at his best
To act as a pest
And threw in a tantrum for free.

Reply #12
I am not going to join the grammar police...

Especially as I agree (https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=5050.msg31785#msg31785) with everything Barry says (https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=5134.msg32621#msg32621).

<obscure usage point>You  don't need to say "for free"; either "for nothing", or simply "free" on [abbr=oh, how tempting to insert an apostrophe]its[/abbr] own will do.</obscure usage point>

[abbr=Yes, we're allowed to start a sentance with this word.]But[/abbr] this is [abbr=homorous, for those who spell it that way]humourous[/abbr], so it becomes quite acceptable.  [abbr=This one too!]And[/abbr] changing it would upset the meter.  Though I'm waiting for the first [abbr=non-humorous, for those who need it again - probably the people without one]non-humourous[/abbr] use, and then I'm gonna squeal!

Reply #13
Darn and gosh!  [abbr=or is it?]"sentence"[/abbr] and "humorous".  Where's the Edit button on this thing?

Reply #14
"I am not going to join the grammar police...
I am not going to join the grammar police..."

Ok, i'll believe you, Chief Inspector ;-)

Reply #15
People! Music is the universial language, so as long as we are proficient at that, what does it matter our abilities in writing?

Reply #16
Thanks Ewan. I needed a good laugh.

Reply #17
This all strikes my humerus, too.