Skip to main content
Topic: guitar chord symbols (Read 2636 times) previous topic - next topic

guitar chord symbols

hey dude,
okay i know how to put text above the line for what chords to play but is there a guitar font i can install to do the guitar chord diagrams? you know, like i could easily install a user font to type in above the staff. (like if i made a page that showed what computer key made what chord diagram, and just set the staff properties to 20 above so the chord symbol would fit in)
so any of you guys tried this? and if so what is a good chord font to use? it has to look groovy man or the keyboard dude will freak.
thanks

Re: guitar chord symbols

Reply #1
Have you tried the NWGuitar?

See the NWC Scriptorium

(go to other helpful stuff section)

Reply #2
I must be nearsighted, but I could not readily find NWguitar on the Scriptorium site.

Steve Allen does have a very good NRGuitar font program that he is currently testing. Go to the Newsgroup for further info. Mr. Allen's primary submission is dated 6/06.

Reply #3
Correct, the guitar font is not yet on the Scriptorium. We do sincerely hope that Mr. Allen will allow us to post it (and his NoteRow font) once these new fonts reach final release status. Meanwhile, as pointed out in the previous reply, you can help beta-test these by picking them up from the newsgroup.

Reply #4
Seville Regular is a TrueType font
File size:121 KB
Version: Altsys Fontographer 3'5 8/18/94
Each type key is a guitar tablature.