Skip to main content
Topic: SharpEye Lyrics/XG Playback/Quad Playback (Read 3470 times) previous topic - next topic

SharpEye Lyrics/XG Playback/Quad Playback

Pardon the mutiple subjects, but I'll be brief.

I have read some debate here in the past, but for my purposes (folk tunes and choral scores) I find that SharpEye saves me quite a lot of time and effort in notating tunes One task that I hate doing in NWC is typing and aligning the lyrics, but is one that Sharpeye potentially saves a lot of pain. When I import a SharpEye Midi into NWC I lose the embedded lyrics after I export. I don't want to abandon my beloved NWC for tidying up the final score (particularly special repeats and transposition) but I'm stymied. Am I missing an existing solution or is there one in sight. Lyrics are pretty fundamental to us old fashioned folkies.

XG - I have a Yamaha XG daughter board, and while I don't treat NWC as a sequencer, how can I choose the XG instrumentation when I play back on NWC?

Quad Playback - Can someone please direct me to a resource so that I can figure out how to play back the four channels of SATB scores over 4 channels of audio. I'm not chasing huge amounts of audio separation, just enough for each part od the choir to hear their parts (reasonably) unambiguously. If I have to install extra sound cards I will quite happily. (As an aside has anyone had any real life experience in 'directing' a choir rehearsal using Midi rather than (say) a piano?

Thanks for reading this. Regards, John

PS I won't have a chance to check this until after Easter. Enjoy the holiday season.