Skip to main content
Topic: error in sound recording (Read 3555 times) previous topic - next topic

error in sound recording

I don't know if anyone can help me but here goes:
I have a sound recorder attachched to the computer, but it won't record. It's not the microphone because it still picks up sound and plays them throught the speakers as they happen, but when I try to record it picks up nothing.
I have tried to change the setting for recording (Windows 95) but it alls seems to be fine. I've also tried using another sound recording program (Waveflow) but it still didn't work.
Can someone tell me if I'm doing anything wrong or what?

Re: error in sound recording

Reply #1
Not sure what you mean by "sound recorder attached to the computer." Do you mean a tape recorder? How is it attached? It should work properly if you connect the Line Out connector on your computer's sound card to the Line In (also sometimes called Record In) on the tape deck.

Reply #2
You may also want to check your "volume control" settings to assure that the right "input" is selected. The volume control (at least in Windows) is the little speaker on the systray to the lower right of the screen. Right click it for Volume Controls. Click "options" on the menu bar. Check the recording settings and controls to make sure the line you are using for input is selected.

Depending upon your sound card, you may have a different volume control. However, they tend to be somewhat similar.

Hope that helps.

Reply #3
Did not read your message closely enough. Apparently you have already worked with the volume control. Ignore the last message. That will teach me to comment before I have my quota of coffee.