Skip to main content
Topic: A Quicker Way of Converting Midi into Wave (Read 2688 times) previous topic - next topic

A Quicker Way of Converting Midi into Wave

Is there a software that can quickly convert standard midis into wave, without going through the long recording process? Kind of like a ripper of midi to wave? I always have to use a recording software (Total Recorder) to record my midis as wave files, and that takes forever, since I have to play the entire length of the song. Please, help! Thanks.

Re: A Quicker Way of Converting Midi into Wave

Reply #1
Depending on the speed of your processor, and the density of your midi, you might get some speed improvement over real-time recording by using Audio Compositor. On simple midis (four or five voices) and a P300, it's typical to get about a 2:1 ratio.

Reply #2
I think it depends a lot on what sound file you're using. I used Audio Compositor on a P300 to process a midi with about 6 voices using a 60-meg soundfont bank and the process-to-playback ratio was more than 4:1. (It probably gets better with smaller sound files.)

Reply #3
You also might try WinGroove. The only draw back is that it uses its own voices (which are really nice, but not better than SB LIVE in my opinion) to build the WAVE with. Its between 2:1 to 3:1 for me and I'm on a P166.

http://www.cc.rim.or.jp/~hiroki/english