Skip to main content
Topic: Continuing on to next measure..??? (Read 3188 times) previous topic - next topic

Continuing on to next measure..???

I gotta get this done now and I don't know how and cannot find any lit./help/FAQ nor command file on this:

1)Set up a right hand only,8 note piano introduction, so I let the treble clef be just rests for the left hand staff
2)Now, I want to begin the rest of the music, continuing on with this piano piece, with the next left & right hand staves separate from this first set, but tied to each other as the 2nd set of right & left hand staves...the next measure? Pardon my ignorance, I just hear the music and now I have to learn to write it, and it's for Father's Day. I am not the pianist...she is a by-the-book player and so I must write this just right. Also, I am writing it in a 3 part vocal harmony to record separate tracks for each singer to learn from, since none of them read music! But I have to write those parts just perfect also, so that it will "play" right when "read" by this NWC player, for the singer's recordings.
Question: How do I tie together a new measure of right and left hand staves? Where is that command? I cannot find the { symbol anywhere in NWC lit. or help please reply huntrsart@att.net

Re: Continuing on to next measure..???

Reply #1
Pardon, please reply via this forum, not my email tnx Mari

Reply #2
Is the item I am looking for called the "curly brace" which ties together the right & left hand piano staff? How do i set this up....I have tried what seemed to be every combination of standard, upper grand, lower grand, orch: none presented this curly brace setup....
Question: how do I get a curly brace set up onto a left & right hand piano score? and how do I get the NWC to just continue on making each new set of staves like that for the entire musical piece?

Reply #3
Set the top staff for upper grand style, set the lower staff for lower grand style. That will give you the curly brace at the start of each system.

Reply #4
tnx i will try