Skip to main content
Topic: Placing bracket to embrace the 4 Staffs (Read 1626 times) previous topic - next topic

Placing bracket to embrace the 4 Staffs

Hello,

Is there any effect on the sounds if we do not put the bracket in front of the 4 staffs?. When we see the songbook and my NWC input, I tried to put Andante and Note on each staff, worrying that would be any effect on sound if I do  not put it. Is it just on Sopranno Staff?. How can I write the Soprano..Alto, Tenor, Bas in front of the staf, Can I?
After I keyed all the notes on all the 4 staffs, I would screen record it for each staff/Sound. My question is. When we play soprano, it will highlight the note and word as it is playing. Is there any way to make only highlighting the soprano, so that people can see the video, that is is the sound of Soprano. Or anyway to hide the other 3 staffs during the demo of the soprano?.

Thank you,

Frank

Re: Placing bracket to embrace the 4 Staffs

Reply #1
Hi Frank -

Is there any effect on the sounds if we do not put the bracket in front of the 4 staffs?
No. The bracket is purely optical.

I tried to put Andante and Note on each staff, worrying that would be any effect on sound if I do  not put it.
Andante is just a text to indicate the tempo; it means "walking" in Italian: "Play so that it matches a nice stroll". It doesn't do anything with the sound.
And as all staffs need to play in the same tempo (otherwise, the nice harmonies would not at all work!), such tempo indications are always only placed above the first staff.
Lastly, if you put in a real tempo marker (by pressing T), you would also put in only one, typically in the first staff (although in NWC, you could do it on any staff).

How can I write the Soprano..Alto, Tenor, Bas in front of the staf, Can I?
Put your cursor in the staff and press F2 - there, go to the "General" tab, where you can add a "Staff Label". To see them, you must also go to "File > Page Setup" and in tab "Options" under "Staff Labels" select "First System" or "All Systems"

My question is. When we play soprano, it will highlight the note and word as it is playing. Is there any way to make only highlighting the soprano, so that people can see the video, that is is the sound of Soprano. Or anyway to hide the other 3 staffs during the demo of the soprano?.
Press M - like "mute": There you can select the staffs that should NOT be audible on the right.

I hope that helps!

H.M.

Reply #2
Press M - like "mute": There you can select the staffs that should NOT be audible on the right.
Well, if I got it right the problem was to only higlight the notes on the soprano staff and not in the others, not in the sound.

Again if I got it right, a solution, hinted by Frank itself, could be to hide the non interesting staves.
Simply uncheck "File -> Page setup -> Contents -> Visible parts" for the parts you don't want to see.

Reply #3
Thank you HMmueller, all your explanation is very helpful to me.
GBU,

Frank

Reply #4

Again if I got it right, a solution, hinted by Frank itself, could be to hide the non interesting staves.
Simply uncheck "File -> Page setup -> Contents -> Visible parts" for the parts you don't want to see.

Thank you Flurmy, I just followed like you said above, and I got it like what I want.
Do you have any idea what instrument is best for Soprano, Alto, Tennor and Basss?
Thank you
GBU.
Frank

Reply #5
Do you have any idea what instrument is best for Soprano, Alto, Tennor and Basss?
For our choir, I use

- Viola (for S and A) and Violoncello (for T and B) (both under Strings) for rehearsal/learning voices;
- Voice Oohs (under Ensemble) for the other voices.

I have found that this helps people to hear their voice even when they sing along. Our choir has been more or less happy with my choice over the last 6 or so years.

Other people use saxophone or other wind voices for rehearsal, but making them loud enough, but not too loud is quite a problem, I think.

H.M.

Reply #6
For our choir, I use

- Viola (for S and A) and Violoncello (for T and B) (both under Strings) for rehearsal/learning voices;
- Voice Oohs (under Ensemble) for the other voices.

I have found that this helps people to hear their voice even when they sing along. Our choir has been more or less happy with my choice over the last 6 or so years.

Other people use saxophone or other wind voices for rehearsal, but making them loud enough, but not too loud is quite a problem, I think.

H.M.

Thank you HMMueller for your letting me know what instrument did you use. Anyway your famili name sounds like German. This makes me rember Wehn I was in academy or 50 years ago in Indonesia, learning German language. Since it was for only 1 year, now I forgot, because never used, but I still rememer "Sprichst du Deutsch" and "Auf Wiedersehen".
Again, thank you very much.

Frank