Skip to main content
Topic: Note in number (Read 1750 times) previous topic - next topic

Note in number

Hello,
 For Indonesian, to learn a song is by singing it in number, like the attached,  do (1), re(2) , mi(3) and so forth. I think I can type it in the lyrics, but I need also the lyrics. How can I make it in the upper side of staff like the attached.

Thank you,

Frank

Re: Note in number

Reply #1
Further to my posting below, I can make the note in number by using it as lyrics. Now my problem how can I make  it if there is a sharp on the note or bes, (see attached makred in red). and also I want to put the dot for the duration, behind the number I want to add with dot. And also for the eight, and sixteenth, I need to put the short lines as caps of number. How can I make it. Any idea?.

My other question, since I will put the screen recording video in my youtube channel, so that they can practice or hear from their cellphone when playing youtube. Is it better to make not in edit view when we play it?, but if there are for srafs, we can not see the highlighted staff for the one being played.  What is the biggest font of lyrics so that they can see it bigger in the cellphone when they play youtube.

Thank you.

Frank

Reply #2
Interesting problems! In the attachments is an attempt by me. I edited the following text after 2 hours, because of more dots  ;)
  • For the numbers and dots, I use a separate staff with notes that (a) have invisible heads (Q B on the keyboard) and (b) overridden stem lengths of zero (in the properties dialog of the notes). All the invisible notes on this staff are quarters or shorter, so that dots can mark the beats [I forgot them in my 1st version]. If necessary (c) "Extra Dot Spacing" of -1 (minus one) can be added to notes, which makes dots invisible.
  • For flat and sharp, I use the letter b and the hash mark # - they are not the really correct symbols, but placing the real symbols correctly would be a nightmare, in my opinion; I hope these two are good enough.
  • There are three lyrics lines on that staff with "Alignment" set to "Top":
    - "Lyric 1" is for the dots above the notes (up-octave shifting); if there is no dot, an underscore _ prints a blank;
    - "Lyric 2" is for the numbers themselves; they are shifted to the right with _ for notes with accidentals (the number is behind the b or #)..
    - I assume that "octave-down" is marked by a dot below the number, so I have added a "Lyric 3" line with special "high dots" - see last note as an example.
  • The bar lines on the number staff are text items which contain a simple vertical bar; they are aligned with Justification=Center and "Alignment/Placement"=At Next Note/Bar.

For your Youtube questions, I do not (yet) have good answers. As an example which I did, see this canon. If this is about what you want, I could explain how I make it.

H.M.

Reply #3
Hi Frank,

Maybe this Number notation tool can be useful for you
Always look on the bright side of life!

Reply #4
Thank you HM, I  will learn and try to o like what you explained.

Frank

Reply #6
There are three lyrics lines on that staff with "Alignment" set to "Top":
- "Lyric 1" is for the dots above the notes (up-octave shifting); if there is no dot, an underscore _ prints a blank;
- "Lyric 2" is for the numbers themselves; they are shifted to the right with _ for notes with accidentals (the number is behind the b or #)..

putting the lyric is usually in accordance with the value of the note, how can you make the dot above the number, because when we type it it will go to another column. Moreover, when you play it, it won't highlight the number and the dot.
Thank you for your enlighting me.

Frank