Skip to main content
Topic: Font error when launching NWC32 (Read 10816 times) previous topic - next topic

Font error when launching NWC32

Help!
When I launch NWC32 there is a Font Error message and the program exits.
I have tried installing the latest upgrade and also deleted some windows fonts but with the same result.
I am using issue 1.55b 32 bit version

Re: Font error when launching NWC32

Reply #1
The error message should tell you the exact problem: you do not have the NWC font installed. This can happen under several conditions:

- You try to use the upgrade package ( at https://noteworthycomposer.com/composer/upgrade.htm ) on a copy of NWC older than version 1.50

- You try to manually copy the NWC files from one machine to another without using the installer

- Your machine has too many fonts installed

The proper way to fix this is to run the NWC installation program. If your machine has too many fonts installed, you will first have to remove some fonts. You can also get the fonts from our FTP site:

ftp.noteworthysoftware.com/nwcfonts.zip

Version 1.55b requires the NWCV15.TTF font, which you can manually install.

Reply #2
I have downloaded the file nwfonts.zip but cannot
unzip as there are internal zip errors reported.
Bad zip file offset(Error local header signature not found).

Is there a particular version of winzip that I should be
using?

Reply #3
I had no problem unzipping it with FreeZip, which I downloaded (for free, as the name implies) from http://tucows.nantucket.net.

Reply #4
Winzip worked fine.
File must have corrupted during download.
BTW, smart download added to a Netscape browser eases the pain of downloads. Fewer corrupted file problems. AND ... If you lose connection, it can resume download from the point of loss instead of restarting from the beginning.

Reply #5
Pete: I checked the ifle, and it is fine. Did you mistakenly download the file in ASCII mode? If not, then you just have a corrupted download.

Reply #6
Hi,
Thanks for all your help.
It turned out that the zip file download failed
when I used IE5 but succeeded using Netscape 4.5.
Everything now working fine.

Reply #7
one more reason to let IE alone... until they debug it completely.
Thx BG!

Reply #8
Now, now. MSIE has its uses, but you really should use Getright to download zip's and exe's