Skip to main content
Topic: Installing Inkpen2.TIFF fonts (Read 1021 times) previous topic - next topic

Installing Inkpen2.TIFF fonts

I've searched hi and low on how to install the inkpen2 fonts so I can make chord symbols appear a tad more professional.
I can't seem to find anything on this.  Thing is, years ago, when I was using Noteworthy on some way earlier version, ( when the forum was on Usenet )  I remember using the font and I forgot how I installed it.

I have the fonts in my windows folder, and I have them in the noteworthy composer (2.75) fonts folder.

When I go to (from an anchored text )  Notation Properties>Display Fonts>

then my font isn't appearing in the display font drop down box.

What am I doing wrong?

Nevermind, folks, I figured it out.   It was Inkpen Chords, not inkpen2  and it's done via the Page Setup tab, where all the fonts show up, and you just assign the InkpenChords fonts to USER 1, 11pt, etc.  ( whatever you want ).   and then, from
 Notation Properties>Display Fonts> select USER 1 in the drop down box, and your assigned font to that value will appear on the music page.   Sheesh, this is far more complicated than, say, Band In a Box. 

Re: Installing Inkpen2.TIFF fonts

Reply #1
Hey Patrick,
glad you found it.  Personally I don't think it's really that complicated but I understand the frustration.

Have you looked at my font suites (PardyPack)?  There is a lot of commonality with Inkpen2 (for SwingDings) though they are even more connected to Boxmark2.  There are also have associated NWC2 system fonts that continue the look for the whole score.  There are also a serif and a sans serif variant you might find interesting.

https://noteworthycomposer.com/uc/pardypack/index.htm

The suites contain a system font, chord font, boxmark style font and text fonts
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Re: Installing Inkpen2.TIFF fonts

Reply #2
I'll check it out, thanks.