Skip to main content
Topic: Turn the stems horizontally (Read 2171 times) previous topic - next topic

Turn the stems horizontally

Good evening everyone, I simply ask this.
Is it possible to overturn the stems of the notes horizontally? To be clearer: FROM head to left and stem to right A stem to left and head to right. Of course, by changing the direction of the stems at will.
In the attached image, the 3 E (bass clef) should be turned to the left. Since this is a vocal line, which I would like to keep isolated in its own staff, I would not like to use the chord, which would solve the problem in an excellent way. Thanks.
Lorenzo

Re: Turn the stems horizontally

Reply #1
Così?
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposer(2.751)
|Editor|ActiveStaff:2|CaretIndex:5|CaretPos:1
|SongInfo|Title:""|Author:"<Name>"|Lyricist:""|Copyright1:"Copyright © 2021 <Name>"|Copyright2:"All Rights Reserved"
|PgSetup|StaffSize:16|Zoom:7|TitlePage:Y|JustifyVertically:Y|PrintSystemSepMark:N|ExtendLastSystem:N|DurationPadding:Y|PageNumbers:0|StaffLabels:None|BarNumbers:None|StartingBar:1
|Font|Style:StaffItalic|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:10|Bold:Y|Italic:Y|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:StaffBold|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:Y|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:StaffLyric|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:7.2|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:PageTitleText|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:24|Bold:Y|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:PageText|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:12|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:PageSmallText|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User1|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User2|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User3|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User4|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User5|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User6|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|PgMargins|Left:1.27|Top:1.27|Right:1.27|Bottom:1.27|Mirror:N
|AddStaff|Name:"Staff"|Group:"Standard"
|StaffProperties|EndingBar:Section Close|Visible:Y|BoundaryTop:12|BoundaryBottom:12|Lines:5|WithNextStaff:Layer|Color:Default
|StaffProperties|Muted:N|Volume:127|StereoPan:64|Device:0|Channel:1
|StaffInstrument|Trans:0|DynVel:10,30,45,60,75,92,108,127
|Clef|Type:Bass
|Note|Dur:8th,Grace|Pos:b7|Opts:Stem=Down,Muted|Visibility:Never
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:7|Opts:Stem=Up
|Note|Dur:16th|Pos:7|Opts:Stem=Up
|Note|Dur:16th|Pos:7|Opts:Stem=Up
|AddStaff|Name:"Staff-1"|Group:"Standard"
|StaffProperties|EndingBar:Section Close|Visible:Y|BoundaryTop:10|BoundaryBottom:10|Lines:5|Color:Default
|StaffProperties|Muted:N|Volume:127|StereoPan:64|Device:0|Channel:2
|StaffInstrument|Trans:0|DynVel:10,30,45,60,75,92,108,127
|Chord|Dur:8th|Pos:n8|Opts:Stem=Up,XNoteSpace=1|Dur2:8th|Pos2:b7
|Chord|Dur:16th|Pos:8|Opts:Stem=Up,XNoteSpace=1|Dur2:16th|Pos2:7
|Chord|Dur:16th|Pos:8|Opts:Stem=Up,XNoteSpace=1|Dur2:16th|Pos2:7
!NoteWorthyComposer-End

Reply #2
Not like that.
Notes with colored heads should have only one common stem. I insert the scan of the original score.
Thanks for your interest, Maurizio!
Good day.
Lorenzo

Reply #3
Like that? (your example is missing some context, e.g. the bass clef you mention is not visible)

H.M.

Reply #4
This should do what you want, and is only two layered staves.

Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposer(2.751)
|AddStaff|Name:"Staff"|Group:"Standard"
|StaffProperties|EndingBar:Section Close|Visible:Y|BoundaryTop:12|BoundaryBottom:12|Lines:5|WithNextStaff:Layer|Color:Default
|Chord|Dur:8th|Pos:b7,n8|Opts:Stem=Up
|Chord|Dur:16th|Pos:7,8|Opts:Stem=Up
|Chord|Dur:16th|Pos:7,8|Opts:Stem=Up
|AddStaff|Name:"Staff-1"|Group:"Standard"
|StaffProperties|EndingBar:Section Close|Visible:Y|BoundaryTop:10|BoundaryBottom:10|Lines:5|Color:Default
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:7|Opts:Stem=Down,XNoteSpace=2
|Note|Dur:16th|Pos:7|Opts:Stem=Down,XNoteSpace=2
|Note|Dur:16th|Pos:7|Opts:Stem=Down,XNoteSpace=2
!NoteWorthyComposer-End

Edit: I was originally confused by @lawrroc's message, and now I have reread it, and understand that he wanted the parts to be on their own staves, not as a chord, which I have done. @hmmueller's solution is probably more appropriate after all.

Reply #5
I apologize if my request caused confusion and if it was not clearly worded. This is a 4-part song. In the original score, of which I am attaching three bars of the first and second verse, ALL the voices - in the bars shown there are 3 in the first verse and 4 in the second - are inserted in a single staff in the bass clef, as shown in the image (thanks HM of the report). I would like to create four separate staves, in which to insert the 3 or 4 voices and then reunite them in a single staff (layering?) But with the spelling of the original score. I hope I have not made any further confusion. Thanks to you.
PS: I highlighted the attached point in the previous message.
Lorenzo

Reply #6
Isn't this (almost) exactly what H.M. did?
The only problem I see is if you try to play it: there must be a flat also for the D with the stem down.

A doubt: did you use F11 or print preview to check the result?
(Ovvero: non è che per caso non hai attivato la visualizzazione "layered"?)

Reply #7
You're right. It seems to me that the four-line view of my NWC file respects this suggestion. Can it be okay like this?

Reply #8
Yes!

Reply #9
... Can it be okay like this?
... except that you have to set the stem lengths of the notes on the first staff to zero (Notes -> Properties -> Override Stem Length: 0). Then the overlayed staves should look as in the original, I'd hope.

H.M.

Reply #10
Sure, these tips are fine. I changed the length of the tails so that only one appears with a single curl. Thanks. I will need your advice again!  ;D
Lorenzo