Re: From two staves to three staves
Reply #1 –
Not really any problem at all.
- 1st step is to have enough staves to cover your needs
- then notate as if the extra stave(s) aren't there EXCEPT you position them in so that the one(s) to be "added" later are in the correct vertical position. E.G. the S.A staff might be the top one, the future A one would be the 2nd staff and the T.B staff either the 3rd or the bottom one
- Place a "Boundary Marker" <]> at the beginning of the unneeded staff to collapse it and fill it with rests up to the point it is needed
- Place another "Boundary Marker" <]> to restore the collapsed staff (I suggest after the first bar line and before the first note at the bar the split happens and perhaps set a system break on the bar line) and populate as required.
- If/when it is no longer needed repeat step 3 except place the marker after the last bar line of the separate section
- Ditto if the T.B staff is to split at any point
N.B. all staves will be visible in the editor at all times (even viewer mode). The change will only be seen in print preview and on the printed page.
BTW, I could be very wrong but I suspect that bass clef should first appear at the breath mark in bar 37...