Re: Multitool PYNWC
Reply #6 –
Version 1.3, new tools added:
- Configure new song
- Show collapsible sections
Tool 'Configure new song':
Run this tool after you created and saved a new file from a template, and before you start changing staff labels, channels,
..., removing some staves, inserting tempo, key and time signatures, dynamics, copying and pasting...
All that can be done in one go, with this tool.
On the main dialog window, you see on the left a list of all the staves with attributes name, label, group, channel, volume, stereo pan, muted and visible.
Each of these attributes is changeable. In front of each staff line is a checked check box. Unchecking a box will remove the corresponding staff from the file (1).
Via the buttons at the right you can configure the properties of objects you want to be inserted.
Clicking one of them will open a dialog window, similar to the correspondent 'Notation Properties' window of NWC.
They have 4 buttons at the right; 'Create', 'Modify', 'Remove' and 'Cancel'.
- With 'Create you schedule the insertion of the correspondent object.
- With 'Modify' you can change the properties of a scheduled object.
- With 'Remove' you undo a scheduled insertion.
- With 'Cancel' you quit the window without any resulting action.
At the bottom of the main window is indicated which objects are scheduled for insertion.
When clicking the 'OK' button at the bottom of the main dialog window (2):
- the staff changes will be carried out (3);
- the unchecked staves will be removed;
- the scheduled objects will be created and inserted in every staff, after the clef;
(1) Hint: You may want to use a template with all the staves that you'll ever be needing, and uncheck those that you
don't want to be present in the new file.
(2) As in every other tool, the changes will not be saved until after your confirmation.
(3) As a next step you may want to run the tool 'Set staff properties' to carry out within one dialog window all
other needed staff changes (general, visual, midi, instrument, default dynamic velocities).
Tool 'Show collapsible sections':
In NWC you can mark collapsible sections with the boundary objects 'Start a collapsible section' and 'Cancel/forbid collapse from this bar'.
But then it's very hard to see them in the editor, you'll have to use 'Print preview' to see the effect.
This tool is intended to solve that problem by coloring the notes, chords and rests of a collapsible section with a color of your choice.
After that it's easy to locate these sections in the editor.
Remark: You still have to do a print preview to see the real effect, since collapsing will only start and end at system breaks.
But at least now you know in what part of your score they occur.
The tool show a window consisting of 4 frames:
- 'Collapsible sections': Shows the staves with collapsible sections and the measures from - to.
- 'Choose Collapse Color'
- 'Colors in collapsible sections': Shows which colors are now present in the collapsible sections for the notes, chords and rests.
- 'Options': If there's both 'Default' and at least 1 'Highlight' color in the collapsible sections, you can indicate:
- Change the color of all notes/chords/rests in the collapsible sections.
- Keep the non default color(s) unchanged.
You can click 'OK' to do the changes, or 'Cancel' to leave without changing anything.