Skip to main content
Topic: New Web Site Layout (Read 4428 times) previous topic - next topic

New Web Site Layout

I liked the new Web Page lay out , especially the site map which make it so much easier to get to different area. (The wish list springs to mind as an area that many people can't find !)

Well done

Richard

Re: New Web Site Layout

Reply #1
I don't like the frames to appear straight away. You could have a single opening page and people should be able to go to frames if they want to.

Of course... your website isn't as good as your software! (compliment)

Best Wishes,
Johnti

Reply #2
Which frames are you talking about ? There is none, HTML speaking. There are only images on the left and top, afaik, and you can _not_load images by setting up your browser options properly (much more quicker browsing then, btw)

One good thing about this site, is that is still works with old browser. Thanks again for _real_ support ! :^P

MAD
P.S. I find that it's much more quicker, is it only the lack of lag or what ?

Reply #3
Marsu's right. It's all done with tables.

Reply #4
Thanks for noticing our changes. We work hard to maintain support for older generation web browsers, while improving your browsing experience at our site. As noted above, we do not use frames anywhere on our site. The boundary tables are used for navigation and context, hopefully making it easier to find your way around, and also recognize your current location in the site.

Reply #5
Agree with everyone. The structure is even better. Only problem is that legibility suffers from using the quite dark grey background. The pages look a bit funereal. They were nice and bright before.

Reply #6
Peter: The body of all pages uses your default browser settings. We do not set the colours in the main body (the boundaries do use black background with light text). Try changing your options if you prefer lighter backgrounds.

Reply #7
Eric and Beth - Hey! I don't know whether I like being referred to as an old web browser! ;-)
The site does look good - I like the Go To list on the home page.

Reply #8
Another note of appreciation for maintaining compatibility with older browsers. At the moment I'm using N4.05, but I also have N2.02 installed on this and another machine for its quicker response. Thank you many times!

Reply #9
The conversion of the forum over to the new format is now complete. For tips on how to best use the forum, take a few moments to review the help section contained in the forum index (the help link in the navigation bar will take you there).