Skip to main content
Topic: NWC & PDF question - Help! (Read 2365 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC & PDF question - Help!

Can I open or copy a NWC file into the Adobe Acrobat (5.0) ?

1) I tried to copy a NWC file on a MS Words doc, then use the Adobe Acrobat to open the Words doc but without success.

2) I saw many transcription solo is on the Adobe Acrobat file, how the people do this?

3) I think a NWC file cannot save as a PDF file, right?

4) Can a NWR file save as an image file like jpg? If so, easy import to PDF.

Re: NWC & PDF question - Help!

Reply #2
If you happen to have Acrobat 5.0, you can "print" to the (Acrobat) Distiller. It creates (and compresses) the pdf file. (P.S. Stay away from the PDFwriter. It does not work as well).

There are various freeware pdf converters. Fred is great at finding and sharing those with the forum.

Reply #3
We worked with Tears June over on the forum at Sax On The Web. ( forum.saxontheweb.net in the midi/sheetmusic section ) I hope she has it working now.

Reply #4
... happy to hear that. This forum isn't the only place where NWC users can communicate with other NWC users.

Very recently, Sourceforge released a free "PDF Creator" program. Find it via Fred's link (above), which was recently updated. It is based on Ghostscript, but unlike previously-described methods, it is a single self-configuring installer that does not require much user brainpower (the way I like it).