Skip to main content
Topic: NWC 1.75 Lyrics Editor (Read 6166 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC 1.75 Lyrics Editor

Today I upgraded my NWC 1.70 Web Update 10 to NWC 1.75 Web Update 1.

Since then every time I try to enter into the Lyrics Editor I receive an "Abnormal Program Termination" window and I lost everything.

Any Idea?,

btw I have Windows 98.

Thanks.

Re: NWC 1.75 Lyrics Editor

Reply #1
We have several machines with Win 98 here, and none have any problems with 1.75 Web Update 1.

How did you upgrade from 1.70 to 1.75? This should have involved several steps.

What address is shown in the termination?

Any more detail would be greatly appreciated.

Reply #2
Well, I have now been able to reproduce this on two of our slower computers (a Pentium 120 notebook, and an iMac 266 running Virtual PC). It appears to be a race condition that only shows up on slower systems. Unfortunately, our primary test computers are too fast to reveal this bug. We are working on a resolution.

Reply #3
btw, I have a system with an AMD-K6 3D 450 MHz cpu., with 60 MB RAM.

Reply #4
Yup, same problem here. Whenever I try to edit lyrics, NWC freezes up and crashes. I'm running windows Me on a Compaq Presario at 380 Mhz.
Eagerly awaiting a solution.

Reply #5
The fix will be out later today.

Reply #7
Great, this is what I call a really good service.

From a proud customer, I hope you never have to sell this company to Microsoft or IBM.

Btw, the fix works with my AMD-K6.

Regards,

Reply #8
This is indeed tremendous service. I noticed the problem at about 10pm last night (GMT), and emailed support. I got email back within half an hour. Now, just 18 hours later, the problem is fixed.

Incidentally, this bug was a problem on my 850MHz Duron, which is hardly a slow machine - I guess no-one will ever know why it affected some machines and not others. The main thing is, it's fixed.

Thanks,
T

Reply #9
Makes me glad that I never got a faster laptop.

Now see, if automobiles worked the way computers did, then you would be driving your regular car along its regular route, and it would suddenly stop. Why? Because three blocks away, someone in a green Chevy made a left turn, and your engine stops whenever green Chevys (but not red Fords) located exactly three blocks away turn left.

Reply #10
Robert, I think you perfectly understood Windows world !)
BTW, why did you mention red Fords, Robert? ;)
Bravo for the fix quickness. I didn't even had the time to download the wrong version!!

Reply #11
Marsu: Haven't you heard of Robert Redford?

Reply #12
Isn't he the guy who used to Chase Chevy?

Reply #13
Heard of, alas, not as often as I would. The french dubbing(?) doesn't have his voice :(
"Seen of", much more :)
I dunno why, but this reminds me of "Solace" (music theme). Does someone know where to find this piece of music?

Reply #14
I don't know - you go away for a couple of weeks, and you miss not one, but two updates!
What a busy bunch the Noteworthy team are!

Robin

Reply #16
Further on Solace: If you were looking for the published music, it's in one of the two Scott Joplin collections reprinted by Dover; I think the one that's not called "Complete Piano Rags". You can order Dover stuff from Amazon or directly from doverpublications.com, I think.

Reply #17
Thank you very much John :)
I'm also looking for the orchesttral adaptation of it, if someone knows...
I also found that Jason Walker released an NWC version of the piano score on the scriptorium :^)

Thank you to all!