Skip to main content
Topic: sites to submit (Read 2726 times) previous topic - next topic

sites to submit

Hi there! im currently working on transcribing a piece of music from a CD I have. When im finished I would like to submit it to some websites so that other people can learn to play the song if they wish. Does anyone know of any sites where I can do this?
Thanx for your help

- Dave

Re: sites to submit

Reply #1
A couple of preliminary thoughts.

1. Before doing anything with the song, you should determine whether it currently copyrighted (if someone other than you composed/created/performed it), and, if so, secure the requisite consent from the author

2. There are all sorts of sites to which one may submit music, including the NWC Scriptorium. Choices might depend upon:

(a) Format (midi? mp3? nwc? sheet music, other?)
(b) Genre (country western, rock & roll, rap, religious, etc.)

Once the appropriate type of site is determined, a search on the Web through one of the search engines could reveal the best potential sites for the work.

Reply #2
The mp3/midi music site on about.com leads to many other sites with users own interpretations of songs. But theres alot to look through, I'm guessing its Foo Fighters or Nirvana songs you've got, so there should be a few sites dedicated to these well known bands.

Good Luck

Reply #3
I want to submit the finished .NWC file.. people can then open it in noteworthy and print off the sheetmusic. The song is by Coldplay. I know of one site called www.oddrealm.com where people can submit their transcriptions of songs, many of which are in .NWC format.

Thanx for your replys :-)

Dave