Skip to main content
Topic: Multiple Notes (Read 2271 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiple Notes

I've been using NWC for only 1 month.. I have the shareware version. I need someone's help ASAP. On sheet music that you buy from retail stores, they have multiple notes on one staff (ex: quarter quarter quarter; and right below it on the same staff is rest half quarter). How can I do this with NWC? Also, if I want an F & G to be played at the same time (half note), how is this possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Multiple Notes

Reply #1
I take it you are trying to make chords. To do this, place the first note as usual, then place the other notes using Ctrl-Enter (hold down ctrl key while pressing Enter).

Putting a rest in a chord requires use of the stem direction tools (the notes with arrows sticking out of them, also on the Notes menu). If the rest is at the bottom, press stem down, place the rest, then press stem up, then place the other notes in the chord as described above.

By the way, there is no "shareware" (ie. free) version of this program. You have an evaluation version to try out. If you like it, then please buy it. I'm glad I did.