Skip to main content
Topic: Multiple Line Lyrics Tip (Read 2043 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiple Line Lyrics Tip

In Choral work there is often a verse section or solo section that comes along in the middle of the piece. The verse section usually has more than one verse with repeats etc. the problem has been how to put multiple lyric lines in the middle of a piece, usually meaning multiple Underscores to get to the spot, and then missing it and going backwards and forwards, hit and miss. Also sometimes backing Oohs or Aahs, often we resort to Text entry. But then when you go to print the hard copy isn't the same as the editor and so more messing about.A trick I use is to make up a text file I call Lyric Blank. It is 9 underscores and spaces and then 10, etc 20 etc etc (copy and paste the 9 underscore/spaces).I use one up to 600.Then if I configure my lyrics to 2 or3 , however many verses, and copy and paste this file into the relevant line of the editor. It will provide an easy reference point to the entry of the words for verse 2 etc. Just note the number say 232 and go back to the editor scroll to that number and enter the correct words and they will line up perfectly.Before you finish you obviously have to go back to the lyric editor and change all the numbers before the verse to underscores and delete everything after the verse.The same applies when you need Solo lyrics above the staff. Copy the whole staff for the solo,configure the lyrics for "above" insert the 'Lyric blank' into the editor, layer the two staves the numbers will appear above the staff, count the position you need the solo , go back and enter it etc as before.