Skip to main content
Topic: Exporting from Noteworthy (Read 1917 times) previous topic - next topic

Exporting from Noteworthy

Hi, I just have the trial version for now.  I'm trying it out because I need a sequencer that can make fine adjustments in velocity and expression, and I think I may have found the right program.  I have been using PowerTracks by PG Music, which is great in some ways but not so great in others - since I create arrangements from scratch, using notation, I have to make these adjustments in "post," so to speak, and NTW seems like a very inexpensive option, and very lightweight which is great for my computer with which I have had some trial and tribulations with the much more heavy-duty Power Tracks.  (If anyone's had any experience using Power Tracks for original composing/arranging or just recording, I'd like to hear what they have to say.
But my question is, what do you with the NTW file once you've made all the changes you want?  I'm not sure I'm right about this, but can you save your score to midi without losing all the changes?  I had the impression you need to save to the native format, but I don't see where I go from there.  If anyone can help with that, thanks.

Mike.  My e-mail address is: lip@allstream.net, for anyone who wants to add some comments about Power Tracks.

Re: Exporting from Noteworthy

Reply #1
I use Noteworthy all the time for producing midi sequences step-wise, because for somebody who is used to conventional notation it is so much easier than ordinary sequencing software.  Simply get everything together how you want it to sound in Noteworthy, then go into File>Save As, and in the “Save as type” dialogue, select “Type 1 Mid File”, and save!
Your midi file should then contain everything that you programmed into NWC - even the lyric if you have one, so that you can play it back through van Bascoe!  To the best of my knowledge there are only one or two things in NWC that don’t reproduce in midi – breath pauses being one of them:  you have to insert rests instead.  But otherwise it’s great – must be the best value for money program going - well worth every penny (or cent) of the license subscription.