Skip to main content
Topic: removing special endings (Read 5891 times) previous topic - next topic

removing special endings

How do I remove special endings from bars without deleting the contents of the bar?

Thanks,

Ross

Re: removing special endings

Reply #1
Treat it as any other object, i.e. select it (highlight), then press the DELETE key. Or put the cursor (insertion point) before it and press DELETE, or after it and press BACKSPACE.

Reply #2
I would add: The "handle" for the special ending (the place where you need to highlight) is an inconspicuous gray diamond, probably located above the staff near the beginning of your special ending notation. If your previous attempts to make a special ending go away have also made the notes go away, then you were highlighting too many things.

Reply #3
Thanks!

Reply #4
FYI: Special endings do not use the diamond handle for selection purposes, as the diamond is used only for expressions that do not preserve width. A special ending is not considered an expression. To select a special ending, simply select its numeric component.

Reply #5
I've got rid of them now, but when I tried it with them, it didn't work at all, which is why i wanted to get rid of them. the 1st time ending was 2 bars - was that anything to do with it?

cheers,
Ross

Reply #6
I don't understand your question.

Reply #7
whoever sent reply 6 sounds automated. is it? (sorry if i've offended you!)

R

Reply #8
You're right, it does look automated. But then, the question is rather hard to parse, isn't it?

Actually, I'm not even sure that it came from NWC, seeing as how the E-mail isn't specified.

No matter. What the heck was the question?

Reply #9
This reply really did come from official NWC online support. I left the e-mail off purely for efficiency. If someone spoofs us (official support), the pertinent reply or thread will be deleted.

Our question pertained to the quote in reply 5: "was that anything to do with it?"

I do not understand this question.

Reply #10
my question was that why wasn't my 1st time bar working? was is something to do with the fact that the 1st time bar was actually 2 bars or not?

cheers

Reply #11
No, it shouldn't matter how long the n-time endings are. The problem might be a number of things, including but not limited to not having the same Special Endings on all staves.

Reply #12
Biggest guess of all:

First of all: how many staves do you have in this file?
And then: did you put a special endint to ALL your staves at the same bar?

Because you DO need to put it to EVERY STAFF; and don't worry, it'll only show on the first staff and be invisible on the others when the selected visibility is "default" (gray on screen, and not at all on the printed page)! If you don't have it on all staves, you'll have funny results! ;-)

I know, because I heard Tommy Dorsey's "Song of India" with a trumpet solo in the middle of the clarinet melody, and the drum bridge bruising it simultaneously!!! ;-)