Skip to main content
Topic: Display notes in real-time (Read 2757 times) previous topic - next topic

Display notes in real-time

Hello,
This isn't a question about Noteworthy but I am after something that will complement my use of Noteworthy as an effective learning tool. (sorry I can't use the newsgroup)

Does anybody know of a freeware or shareware program that displays notes played on a MIDI keyboard on my computer screen in a treble and bass clef?

For example, if I played the note D in the treble clef it would highlight that note in the clef on the screen for as long as I hold it. It would also have to work with chords and show accidentals.

I have been looking for something like this for a long time and I would appreciate any replies. Thank you.

Bbbi

Re: Display notes in real-time

Reply #1
Please help me, I need some help/
Is there any program to do this?

Reply #2
I haven't seen any programs that do this, perhaps it doesn't exist (which would explain why you haven't received any replies). There is a program called "Midi Monitor" which you can download for free from various ftp sites, it was written for Windows 3.x but works fine on Windows 95. It will show you the midi events as you play them, although in text format (not as a graphical note representation).

Reply #3
I don't know if i correctly understand your need but, if you need a training tool, you may find on:
!www.earmaster.com
a nice program you may download for trial. It is able to compare your Midi keyboard Input with a lot of random exercises. For example, here is the help for the "Chord identification exercise":
EarMaster plays a random chord chosen from among the selected chords and transposed to a randomly chosen key. Push Play again to hear the chord once more.
Answering the question:
You can answer the question in four different ways: by name, on the screen-piano, on the note sheet or via MIDI.

You may also have a try on !www.earpower.com where you'll find two small training programs.

Bruno

Reply #4
Hi,
I would love the same program that does as the guy above illustrated... Can any body here program it, or does someone know a better place to look for this?
Thanking you with high regards,
Andy.