Skip to main content
Topic: repeats cause verse skip. (Read 2780 times) previous topic - next topic

repeats cause verse skip.

I have a song, that begins with a repeated introduction. I entered the Master repeat bar at the beginning, and the master repeat bar at the end of special ending 1. The piece plays fine through special ending two. However, I have 2 verses listed next. NWC then skips highlighting the first verse and goes right to the second verse. This means it skips the repeat for the second verse. Why does NWC not recognise the first verse?

Re: repeats cause verse skip.

Reply #1
A couple things to check:

1) All repeats, flow directions, and special endings have to be inserted on all bars under normal conditions. (The facility to be able to have some bars repeat, etc. and some not is very handy for special purposes, but for the usual work where all staves should follow each other you have to be sure to explicitly say so.)

2) Be sure you don't have any double barlines or section close barlines inside the repeated section. These can produce unexpected results.

If still no joy, why don't you post the file on the newgroup, and someone I'm sure will help figure out what's wrong.

Reply #2
>...inserted on all bars under normal conditions

er... I meant "all staves", of course. SAT.

Reply #3
Logic tells me that NWC would look for verse one lyrics to be attached to music ending with special ending one. Therefore, I suggest you leave lyrics for verse one blank, and put verse one into verse two window, and verse two where verse three would normally be. Feel free to email me.