NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => Tips & Tricks => User Tools => Topic started by: Opagust on 2020-03-13 12:12 pm

Title: ColoringBeamsSlursTriplets.og
Post by: Opagust on 2020-03-13 12:12 pm
Quote from @fathafluff in topic Note Color Question (https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=9996.0)

When I select the notes and change the color, the note heads, stems and accents change to the new color, but the beams, slurs and leger lines do not.

Thanks to the replies of @Rick G. and @hmmueller, we know there are workarounds: markers for slurs and triplets, user object beam.hmm for the beams (with the appropriate color set).

With this tool, the necessary markers and beam objects are cretaed. It contains an algorithm to determine the position and final stemlength of the beam object and the position af the triplet marker, but maybe you need to change them for an optimal result.

Installation: After downloading this tool, start NWC, open any file and drag and drop the tool onto the NWC window and confirm.

Use: Select a group of notes ( only the first note needs to be colored), and press ALt-F8 to run the tool.
Title: Re: ColoringBeamsSlursTriplets.og
Post by: Wilm Boerhout on 2020-11-21 11:05 am
I ran into this exact same problem, and found this solution. In the NWC file (and the clip format), it appears to work although the color shown in NWC is not my (modified) Color:7

In the printed output, the note stems and beams have disappeared (or colored white?). Note heads are still there. See bar 17-18 for first occurence.

I only recently picked up NWC again, so it might be my mistake... the purpose of all this is to create a score that supports me (on tenor sax playing the cello part) not playing the pizzicato's.
Post by: Opagust on 2020-11-21 03:42 pm
Hello Wilm,

Can you clarify your problem?
- When I download, open and print your NWC file, it shows the stems and beams (see attachment).
- What do you mean by "the color shown in NWC is not my (modified) Color:7"
Post by: Wilm Boerhout on 2020-11-21 04:32 pm
I may be missing something in the setup then. Attached are two screenshots, showing what I see in the relevant section in NWC, and when I print (actually, you see a screen shot of my PDF)
Post by: Wilm Boerhout on 2020-11-21 05:46 pm
and this is a screenshot from NWC's "print preview" panel

Note the missing stem + beam from measure 18,24,30
Post by: Wilm Boerhout on 2020-11-21 06:42 pm
Ok. my folder C:\ProgramData\Noteworthy Software\nwc2\UserPlugins did not contain the file Beam.hmm.nwcuser so I downloaded the file from the original makers note (it says it is v0.9) and placed it there. Then ran the plugin again -- no difference in behaviour.

Although programming is no stranger to me (and vice versa), I am not at all familiar with the NWC Plugin setup, and possibly I am assuming too many things to be in place when they are not.

I am using a licensed version of Noteworthy V 2.75a.2, and apart from the above download, have not modified the install at all.