NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: SEBC on 2020-01-31 09:19 pm

Title: Unable to change templates
Post by: SEBC on 2020-01-31 09:19 pm
Even though I have followed the steps in the user guide, any changes that I make to my templates are not being saved. It says it is saving them, but then when I go back in a reopen the template, the changes don't show up. I am getting a message about not being able to create a back up, and also that it is being saved in a new format and the old format won't be able to open it. I'm not sure how that is influencing the problem, or why those messages are showing up.

Thanks for your help. I've wasted a lot of time on this and am getting frustrated!
Title: Re: Unable to change templates
Post by: Opagust on 2020-01-31 10:00 pm
I also get these messages each time I change a template, but that does'nt prevent me to save the change anyway.
Don't know why your save isn't succesful.
Post by: Lawrie Pardy on 2020-01-31 10:19 pm
It might be worthwhile checking to see if you have sufficient file system rights.

By default NWC templates live in the:
"C:\Program Files\Noteworthy Software\NoteWorthy Composer 2\Template" folder for 64 bit systems, and the
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Noteworthy Software\NoteWorthy Composer 2\Template" for x86 (32 bit) systems

From about Win 7 onwards this location and those under it (like the CUSTOM templates) is read only unless you are the Administrator user.

If this is the problem then you have a couple of options:
a) change the filesystem rights to ...\Template and below to allow read/write (really Full) access, or
b) change the template location in NWC ( |Tools|Options|Folders(tab)|Templates) to a location that you have filesystem rights to already.
Post by: SEBC on 2020-07-12 10:41 am
As a follow up to this issue, I determined that even though I am the administrator on my computer, the security permissions of NCW 2 were not allowing me to modify the template. I didn't seem to be able to change the permissions, as it was labelled as a systems file.

I have now moved the template folder to a different folder where I do have permission to modify. So far, I have been able to change the template.

I hope this won't cause problems for me down the road.