NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: B J VICE on 2020-01-23 12:03 pm

Title: interruptions to Noteworthy composer while working with files
Post by: B J VICE on 2020-01-23 12:03 pm
When using Noteworthy composer 2  'File Explorer' interrupts my music program to display multiple, previously entered search step screens. These screens can be deleted to allow the music program to continue, but the interruptions continue.
The screens being displayed are the search screens used to enter  the current file.
The frequency of interruptions varies, as do the number of screens of the search path displayed at any one incident.
Is this a problem with NMC or File explorer?
Title: Re: interruptions to Noteworthy composer while working with files
Post by: hmmueller on 2020-01-23 12:30 pm
I'm not really sure I understand your problem - do you, by "my music program", also mean Noteworthy? and do you mean by "deleting a screen" that you close it?

My first question is: Does this happen with your hands off the keyboard, i.e., "just by itself"? Or is your hand near the keyboard - and do you use a laptop?

The reason for my question: Some people (e.g. my wife ...) inadvertently touch the touchpad while using the keyboard, and then weird things start to happen; it seems difficult to change the hand position in such cases, as this is something "ingrained" in us. Might this or something similar be the problem? - because I have never heard or seen that NWC or standard Windows opens some dialog "just by itself".

... but I might be on a completely wrong track ...

H.M.
Post by: Opagust on 2020-01-23 02:18 pm
Some people (e.g. my wife ...) inadvertently touch the touchpad while using the keyboard, and then weird things start to happen

After a long time of suffering from the same problem, I found for myself a solution: in the settings of the touchpad, I unchecked "tap with one finger to click". Since then inadvertently touching the touchpad isn't causing any weird things anymore, like suddenly  jumping to the mouse pointer when typing text.
Post by: hmmueller on 2020-01-23 02:44 pm
... I found for myself a solution: in the settings of the touchpad, I unchecked "tap with one finger to click".
Thanks - will try it!!

H.M.
Post by: B J VICE on 2020-01-25 01:13 pm
Following on from my previous cry for help, I have found the answer.
re- multiple screens interrupting my NWC music program.
I was working on a file accessed from a memory stick. This was loosely plugged in and any vibration of the desk caused the stick to rattle and repeatedly reconnect and superimpose multiple search screens on top of the music program's active screen.
Many thanks for the helpful answers but now ALL IS WELL.
Post by: hmmueller on 2020-01-25 03:06 pm
Oops - interesting - never heard of such a problem! But good for you that you found out what was the trouble.
Post by: David Palmquist on 2020-01-25 07:36 pm
...I was working on a file accessed from a memory stick. This was loosely plugged in and any vibration of the desk caused the stick to rattle and repeatedly reconnect and superimpose multiple search screens on top of the music program's active screen...
And of course pounding the desk in frustration didn't help, I bet!

Glad you've solved it.
Post by: Rick G. on 2020-01-25 07:59 pm
And of course pounding the desk in frustration didn't help, I bet!
Dunno. It is one approach to diagnosing intermittent electrical connections  ;D