NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: melismata on 2019-02-09 10:14 pm

Title: Spacing between lyric lines - Revisited
Post by: melismata on 2019-02-09 10:14 pm
Is there any way to increase the spacing between lyric lines?  The only previous discussion that I found on the boards was from 18 years ago and further back in time.  NWC has evolved since then and maybe something new has come up which I am not aware of.  Work-arounds with layering or using alternate lines are not quite suitable IMHO.
Title: Re: Spacing between lyric lines - Revisited
Post by: Rick G. on 2019-02-09 10:32 pm
Work-arounds with layering are the best that can be done.
NoteWorthy aligns lyrics to the nearest staff half-step. I would think that part of the code is decades old and not easily changed.
Post by: Alan_J on 2019-02-13 05:49 pm
Without knowing what prior discussion from 18 yrs ago, this is the only method I'm aware of:

Page Setup > Fonts > Staff Metrics > Change >

Uncheck the box "proportionally scale other staff font sizes" before increasing the staff size. 

-or-

Only decrease the lyric font size.

Either way will mess with the vertical space between staff and lyrics and your margins will have to be adjusted as well.
Probably not what you're looking for, but I see no other way presently.  Changing the font entirely might also make a difference.

Is there any way to increase the spacing between lyric lines?  The only previous discussion that I found on the boards was from 18 years ago and further back in time.  NWC has evolved since then and maybe something new has come up which I am not aware of.  Work-arounds with layering or using alternate lines are not quite suitable IMHO.
Post by: ColleenK on 2019-11-21 02:20 am
I discovered a quick and dirty workaround: Add a lyric line without any lyrics in between.