NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => Tips & Tricks => User Tools => Topic started by: Bart on 2018-07-26 08:38 am

Title: (un)mute extreme notes
Post by: Bart on 2018-07-26 08:38 am
I created two Staff User Tools to (un)mute extreme notes - or chords with extreme notes - in the active staff.

A parameter (default = 10) is used to define which notes/chords may be changed : only objects  are affected when they have notes N or more positions away from the middle staff line.

With N = 0 all notes/chords can be muted or unmuted in the active staff.

To define the usertools in NWC, you first have to create references in NWC following these instructions:

To Run a usertool (when already defined in NWC):

Bart

Title: Re: (un)mute extreme notes
Post by: Richard Woodroffe on 2018-07-26 11:24 pm
Thanks Bart,

Tried and tested. This works really well and saves so much effort when trying to configure cross staff notes.
I wish it had been available before I transposed Schubert's  Schwanengesang - Abschied. A substantial amount of effort in terms of individual muting of cross staff notes taking up more time than I care to remember, would have been reduced to a few seconds running your new user tool.

I suspect that before I have finished with transposing the Schubert Lieder, I will have great need for this again.

Title: Re: (un)mute extreme notes
Post by: hmmueller on 2018-07-27 05:15 am
... saves so much effort when trying to configure cross staff notes.
Ha - I did not think of this use of the tool: I like this idea. I have to check how to use it with the Beam object in a useful workflow.

H.M.