NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: SEBC on 2018-06-12 04:44 pm

Title: Placement issues
Post by: SEBC on 2018-06-12 04:44 pm
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but something is up with verse 3. Is there a hidden space somewhere?

Is there a better way to achieve verse numbering? I've used the number/underscore/first word of verse method for a long time.

Edit: I guess I need to insert a screenshot! That would show the issues. Basically, the third verse number does not line up with the others and I can't see anything that is stopping it.

Thanks!

Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.751,Single)
|User|BarLabel.ms|Pos:9.5
|Bar|Style:Double
|Dynamic|Style:mf|Pos:9.5|Justify:Center|Placement:AtNextNote
|Note|Dur:8th,Dotted|Pos:-1|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam=First
|Note|Dur:16th|Pos:-3|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:-1|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam=End
|User|Slur.ms|Pos:0
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:-1|Opts:Stem=Up
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:-1
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End
Title: Re: Placement issues
Post by: Richard Woodroffe on 2018-06-12 05:06 pm
On your configuration tab for lyrics, change the "Align syllable using" from Standard Rules to "Start of Accidental / Note"
That will line them up.

Post by: SEBC on 2018-06-12 05:40 pm
Thank you!  :-[
Post by: Mike Shawaluk on 2018-06-12 07:03 pm
I would strongly encourage using VerseNumbers.ms for verse numbers. I know I am biased because I created it, but I think if you try it, you will like it and not want to do things the old way anymore.

Howevere, if you really prefer to do verse numbers embedded in the lyrics, I would suggest a slightly different method: add a hidden grace rest where you want the number to appear, setting its lyric property to "Always" and then insert the "1." or whatever as a separate syllable in your lyrics (no underscore needed).
Post by: SEBC on 2018-06-13 02:11 am
Thanks. I’ll give it a try and see what is easiest.