NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: SEBC on 2018-05-08 03:33 pm

Title: Inserting dynamics
Post by: SEBC on 2018-05-08 03:33 pm
 Hello everyone!
I have had a busy performance season and I am now getting back to some scores on my new computer. I have what may be a silly question but I cannot figure out the answer.

When I insert dynamics, I press on my keyboard and usually a little box comes up with a visual representation of all the options and I just press M or F or click on whatever I need.  However every now and then instead of that box, a different box comes up entitled notation properties where I have to scroll through different options and it takes longer. I cannot figure out why it switches and how to switch it back.

I am sure there is a simple explanation and that my intelligent friends here will enlighten me.

Many thanks!
Title: Re: Inserting dynamics
Post by: Mike Shawaluk on 2018-05-08 03:48 pm
I don't see any of your intelligent friends here at the moment, so let me respond instead.

If you press "d" (lower case) it brings up the selector, that lets you choose the dynamics visually, as you describe.  However, if you press "D" (upper case) it brings up the more terse dialog box (but that has additional options).

Hope that helps,

Mike
Title: Re: Inserting dynamics
Post by: SEBC on 2018-05-08 03:54 pm
I don't see any of your intelligent friends here at the moment, so let me respond instead

I beg to differ.

Presto chango my dilemma is solved. Thanks as always, Mike!