NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => Tips & Tricks => User Tools => Topic started by: SEBC on 2018-03-09 08:44 pm

Title: Line over notes
Post by: SEBC on 2018-03-09 08:44 pm
I was trying to use one of Mike’s tools to put a line above some notes that are optional. I got the line ok but when I added text then the line disappeared. I’d like both. Is it doable within the tool or do I need to add text separately?
Title: Re: Line over notes
Post by: Mike Shawaluk on 2018-03-09 09:13 pm
I was trying to use one of Mike’s tools to put a line above some notes that are optional. I got the line ok but when I added text then the line disappeared. I’d like both. Is it doable within the tool or do I need to add text separately?
I am curious which plugin you are using to do this. Can you post a snippet or example score that shows what you are trying to do?

Edit: I am guessing you are using LineSpan.nw (https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=9467.0), which was actually written by @NoteWorthy Online , not me. If that is the case, it's noted on that forum thread that the text will "eat" the start of the line. If you want the entire line along with text, you need to lay down a separate text object.
Title: Re: Line over notes
Post by: SEBC on 2018-03-09 09:27 pm
Oops, you are right. Is there a way to update that so that it will do both?