NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => Tips & Tricks => User Tools => Topic started by: Mike Shawaluk on 2015-10-26 12:07 am

Title: User Tool: Mark as 8va.lua (0.4)
Post by: Mike Shawaluk on 2015-10-26 12:07 am
This user tool is designed to be used in conjunction with the Ottavamatic.ms object plugin. A range of notes is selected and the tool run; it will prompt the user for the type of marking to be added (8va, 8va bassa, 15ma, 15ma bassa, 22ma, 22ma bassa). It then inserts instrument changes around the selection to effect the marking. It assumes that the Ottavamatic.ms object has already been added to the beginning of the staff.
Title: Re: User Tool: Mark as 8va.lua (0.3)
Post by: Mike Shawaluk on 2015-10-27 10:46 pm
The "Mark as 8va.lua" user tool has been updated, with the following changes:

Please refer to the parent post for a description of the tool's behavior and usage.
Post by: Peter Edwards on 2015-10-28 11:03 am
Staff transposition still has to be set correctly in the ottavamatic object itself. Would it be possible to use the same transposition trick as in this user tool to remove a step from the insertion process?
Post by: Mike Shawaluk on 2015-10-28 11:41 am
Staff transposition still has to be set correctly in the ottavamatic object itself. Would it be possible to use the same transposition trick as in this user tool to remove a step from the insertion process?
There is currently not a function in the API for examining the staff transposition setting, so there is no way for a custom object to determine it. It would be possible to create a separate user tool that just inserts the Ottavamatic object, after querying the staff transposition, but that seems inefficient to me.

What would be an interesting improvement to me would be a way for a clip tool to also be able to make changes or insertions elsewhere in the staff/score, without requiring multiple tools to be executed. Or, alternately, a way for a clip text user tool to "chain" to a separate tool that runs in file text mode. Or perhaps this is already possible and I haven't figured it out yet?
Post by: Rick G. on 2015-10-28 12:39 pm
a way for a clip text user tool to "chain" to a separate tool that runs in file text mode. Or perhaps this is already possible and I haven't figured it out yet?
I think that is the purpose of: Run User Tool (prw)
Title: Re: User Tool: Mark as 8va.lua (0.4)
Post by: Mike Shawaluk on 2015-12-22 10:18 am
The "Mark as 8va.lua" user tool has been updated, with the following changes:

Please refer to the parent post for a description of the tool's behavior and usage.