NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: Model T on 2015-05-17 08:27 pm

Title: Dedication information
Post by: Model T on 2015-05-17 08:27 pm
Is there a way to add the dedication information below the song title so that it will be listed on the print copy?
Title: Re: Dedication information
Post by: William Ashworth on 2015-05-17 10:30 pm
Create a text object with the dedication information, center it in the top system of music, and then raise it into place beneath the title using <Ctrl><Shift><up-arrow>. The object will  disappear off the top of the screen, but it will show up in the printout. You will have to go back and forth between Print Preview and the editor to adjust the placement.
Post by: Lloyd on 2015-05-18 06:19 am
With your permission I'll join this discussion =p
[...], center it in the top system of music, [...]
Is there an easy way to do it?  Every time I've done this it has been very difficult for me to center the text objet just at the center of page... If there's a way to do it, please tell me ^___^
Post by: Lawrie Pardy on 2015-05-18 10:16 am
Make your text Centred at next note/bar, then position the anchor so it is just prior to a note or barline that is very close to the horizontal centre.

It might be necessary to use spacers to adjust the objects position to get it "just so".
Post by: Rick G. on 2015-05-18 10:52 am
If you don't need staff labels, the attachment shows an approach that I use.
Post by: Lloyd on 2015-05-18 03:23 pm
Thanks a lot for your answers ^__^
RICK, that was a very great idea, good job =)
Post by: Mike Shawaluk on 2015-05-19 01:36 pm
I agree that the approach @Rick G. used is quite novel. He has shared a similar sample before, but I don't think I've seen a description of his approach, so I thought I would try to describe how it works:

I also notice that Rick has inserted large spacers to the left & right of the whole rest in the first system. This allows the title text to be previewed while in Edit mode, but does not appear to affect the print preview.

All in all, I like this tip/trick. If I have described anything incorrectly or left out an important step, please let me know.

Mike
Post by: Opagust on 2015-05-20 07:17 am
As always, Rick has come with an 'out of the box' solution.

If you don't need staff labels, the attachment shows an approach that I use.
I'd like to add my observation:
If you do need staff labels, you can use the abbreviated labels instead, which are printed on all but the first system.
Post by: Opagust on 2015-05-21 11:36 am
If I have described anything incorrectly or left out an important step, please let me know.

Not an important step, but  you should also increase 'Measure Start' in 'Page Setup/Options'.

Gust

Post by: Mike Shawaluk on 2015-05-21 11:57 am
Not an important step, but you should also increase 'Measure Start' in 'Page Setup/Options'.

Gust
I think you meant that it should be decreased (i.e. set to 0), which is what @Rick G. did in his sample score. I have updated my instructions above.

Thanks,
Mike
Post by: Opagust on 2015-05-21 03:47 pm
I think you meant that it should be decreased (i.e. set to 0)
You thought right.

Gust