NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: SimonJShaw on 2014-12-09 03:13 pm

Title: "Force system break" appearance - feature request?
Post by: SimonJShaw on 2014-12-09 03:13 pm
I'd like a new option, when forcing a system break on a bar line, to do so either with or without extending the previous system to the end of the line.

If I have a piece in more than one section (e.g. movements in a suite), or a number of snippets (e.g. choral responses), then each line often should not be extended to the page width - to do so makes it unreadable if it is just a few bars (measures).

I don't think this is possible at present.  Does anyone know a workaround?

This feature would be comparable with the page setup option "extend last system" - i.e. it could be called "extend previous system" (currently the default behaviour) and should be a check-box applicable when setting "force system break" on a bar line.

My requirements might not be typical of course.  But this would be really useful for me.  Currently I have to have separate song files for each snippet or section in a piece of music to achieve the printed appearance I want.
Title: Re: "Force system break" appearance - feature request?
Post by: Opagust on 2014-12-09 04:21 pm
You can try 'Insert/Boundary Change/Gap the staff' just before the last bar line before the system break, insert an extra bar line before the gap and make the original invisible.
Post by: Nabasar on 2015-10-24 12:55 pm
I've got this problem as well, but Opagust's suggestion doesn't work for me. Has anyone found a way to do this? Failing that, can it be a future change along the lines suggested by SimonJShaw?

Thanks.
Post by: Rick G. on 2015-10-26 08:50 am
Has anyone found a way to do this? Failing that, can it be a future change along the lines suggested by SimonJShaw?
Boundary Gaps and Transparent Bars. Attached is a 300dpi scan of a hymnal response, NWC 2.75 song, and 600dpi PDF of the result.