NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => Tips & Tricks => User Tools => Topic started by: Rick G. on 2013-02-03 03:53 am

Title: rg_Quarters.php - NWC Play Time report for each staff
Post by: Rick G. on 2013-02-03 03:53 am
This tool replaces the tempo in the nwctxt sent to it and uses nwc-conv.exe to report how many quarter note beats are in each staff. The tool requires Input Type: File Text

A report is produced. The tool does not alter the song.

For example, the result of running the tool on the sample file (http://ntworthy.com/nwc2/help/MNU_FILESAMPLES.htm): moonlite.nwc
Quote from: rg_Quarters
     1068.25   Standard   Treble Clef
     1068.25   Standard   Bass Clef
     1068.25   Hidden     _Treble Clef
     1070.50   Hidden     _Bass Clef
 0.459 seconds.
would lead me to ask:
I would not consider my work done until I had answers. There is a cadenza at 188. The last staff seems to solve a problem that NWC fixed many years ago. My current sample says it was last modified in June 2001. YMMV

I also find the tool useful for checking changes to flows. Flows, endings and decorated barlines interact in non-obvious ways.

Due to NWC imposed limits on tempo and the precision of the INFO returned by nwc-conv, the tool cannot be made 100% accurate. It may miss a 64th.

Comments and questions welcome. There is some code in the tool for using nwc-conv.exe that may save someone a few hours of studying PHP's proc_open function :)
Title: Re: rg_Quarters.php - NWC Play Time report for each staff
Post by: Warren Porter on 2013-02-03 02:50 pm
I took the final barline, half rest, and the low/soft 32nd note out and all staves matched with your tool.
Code: [Select · Download]
     1068.25	Standard   Treble Clef
     1068.25 Standard   Bass Clef
     1068.25 Hidden     _Treble Clef
     1068.25 Hidden     _Bass Clef
 0.844 seconds.

You might want to try taking everything out except for the cadenza and see what your tool shows.  The cadenza has extra long measures.
Title: Re: rg_Quarters.php - NWC Play Time report for each staff
Post by: Rick G. on 2013-02-03 07:24 pm
The cadenza has extra long measures.
A feature common to most cadenzas. The measure numbering could be improved, but if the playback is what the editor wants, I have no problem with the extra beats.