NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: melismata on 2010-08-28 03:37 pm

Title: Cue notes
Post by: melismata on 2010-08-28 03:37 pm
Can anyone suggest a way of inserting cue-notes (smaller size notes) in a nwc score ?  I tried changing note-heads as an alternative but these do not appear to indicate note duration (minims vs crotchets).  Coloured notes would do fine but I do not have access to a colour printer.  Is there a workaround that I am missing ?

Thanks
Title: Re: Cue notes
Post by: Rick G. on 2010-08-28 03:58 pm
Cue-sized beams, ties and slurs are the largest problems. There is not an adequate solution that I can recommend.
Using color will be noticable even with gray-scale printers, but beams follow the color of the staff.
Post by: William Ashworth on 2010-08-28 05:31 pm
This has been a perennial problem with NWC. The closest thing to a solution that I know of is to use muted grace notes on a separate, layered staff. But there are problems with this approach, as well - mostly in terms of horizontal spacing, which can be difficult to tweak into an acceptable form.
Post by: Warren Porter on 2010-08-29 03:43 pm
This user tip (https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=2316.msg49288#msg49288) shows a workaround for grace notes as cues.