NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: melismata on 2010-08-02 05:36 pm

Title: Request: Visiblility check box in Lyrics lines tabs
Post by: melismata on 2010-08-02 05:36 pm
It would be nice if one would be able to switch on/off a selection of lyric lines.  The need arises when one would want to print lyrics in different languages (eg: Latin/English) but would not like to have multiple redundant lines and would like to keep all lyrics in the same music files.

A simple check-box (Visibility: on/off) in each lyric-line page would be enough.
Title: Re: Request: Visiblility check box in Lyrics lines tabs
Post by: Bart on 2010-08-02 07:09 pm
As many files in the scriptorium prove, layout and music are very often seperated in different scores.
Why don't you just create a specific score just for the lyrics? This score can be muted, filled with hidden notes and layered on any other score.
Especially with different languages where lyrics often come on different notes, this can be very handy. Just duplicate this lyrics score for other languages and you can switch on and off at your will.
Post by: Richard Woodroffe on 2010-08-03 12:21 am
It would be nice if one would be able to switch on/off a selection of lyric lines. 

There is a way of doing this.  In the attached example, I have two sets of Lyric lines. The first set is called "Numbers" the second set is called "Letters". (But it could be two different languages etc)

In the sample, both are shown. But if you want the numbers set, go to page set up and deselect the letters set (- needless to say, vice versa for the to display the letters set)

This "work around" can also be done in earlier versions of NWC.
Post by: melismata on 2010-08-03 03:34 pm
Bart, Rich, thanks for your work-around.  I had not thought of either of them but both are perfectly suitable for what I require.