NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: Cyril Alberga on 2008-10-28 01:17 am

Title: Never mind--stupid error on my part.
Post by: Cyril Alberga on 2008-10-28 01:17 am
Nothing more to say.
Title: Re: Never mind--stupid error on my part.
Post by: Lawrie Pardy on 2008-10-28 02:26 am
How have you notated the key change?  Before or after the double bar?

Technically it should be before but you may find, depending on how you've constructed things it might need to be after the double bar...

Perhaps you could insert a hidden double bar before the key sig...  See the attached example - test by removing the hidden double bar at the end of the D. ending.

Edit - aww Cyril, ya changed it while I was preparing my post - so you'll just have to put up with it.. ;)
Post by: Rick G. on 2008-10-28 10:50 am
IMO, only a Section Open should reset the flow counter. One can always make it Visibility:Never.

Problems with the double bar line and flow come up again and again.  Alfred's (pg 172) says:

I would rather not have to choose between proper flow and proper key change conventions.
Post by: Cyril Alberga on 2008-10-28 10:57 am
Anyway, here is the whole thing.  Drop the flow directions from the second (layered) staff and things go wonky.  BTW the key change is after the double bar because that is how the score I transcribed was printed.
Post by: Lawrie Pardy on 2008-10-28 12:01 pm
<snip> BTW the key change is after the double bar because that is how the score I transcribed was printed.

Yeah, my bad, I mis-remembered the convention...  sorry 'bout that.