NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: KatyAnnRose55 on 2008-09-06 12:39 am

Title: Midi Cable works on A Casio LK 43, BUT NOT ON CONCERTMATE 990
Post by: KatyAnnRose55 on 2008-09-06 12:39 am
    I almost have my Midi Crisis solved . Borrowed a Casio LK 43 ATTACHED A midi Cable to it  via my pc Dell Demsion B1100. Which I had upgraded to Vista, works well with Midi programs. But not my Concertmate 990 which does play.. But something is wrong with the MIDI SENSING AREA on it keyboard.

Do I have the usb in the wrong port- in the printer port, or plug and play port? I/O settings wrong? Sound is okay on pc. Or does this add up to getting a new electronic piano playing keyboard???

Any Suggestions??? 

Sincerely

KatyAnnRose--Kathleen
Title: Re: Midi Cable works on A Casio LK 43, BUT NOT ON CONCERTMATE 990
Post by: Lawrie Pardy on 2008-09-06 01:12 am
G'day Katy,
just guessing but, do you need to tell the Concertmate to expect input on the MIDI port?  I don't often use external keyboards as my MIDI synth but on the few occasions I have it was necessary to enable MIDI input on the keyboard...
Title: Re: Midi Cable works on A Casio LK 43, BUT NOT ON CONCERTMATE 990
Post by: Milton on 2008-09-06 03:04 am
Haven't looked this up myself, but are you sure the Concertmate is GM (General MIDI) compatible?  Your manual should tell you or if you don't have a manual you can probably download a .pdf from the manufacturer's web site.  Not all keyboards that have MIDI IN and OUT jacks are GM compatible.
Title: Re: will try to enable the Midi input as you said, also repairman to see
Post by: KatyAnnRose55 on 2008-09-06 09:45 pm
G'day Katy,
just guessing but, do you need to tell the Concertmate to expect input on the MIDI port?  I don't often use external keyboards as my MIDI synth but on the few occasions I have it was necessary to enable MIDI input on the keyboard...

Dear Lawrie,                                                                           Sept 6th, 2008

Thank you for your reply. Before it worked smoothly the Concertmate, I plan to have my keyboard examined by a repairman within the next couple of weeks. I also thought of enabling the Midi input on my Concertmate 990 but I have to study the manul some more. It did occur to me to enable the MIDI INPUT on the keyboard. Read somewhere in one of the various midi books I have been reading in my spare time, when my sister isn't calling me to help her.

Thanks for your advice will take it into consideration

KatyAnnRose55  Kathleen
Title: Re: CONCERTMATE 990
Post by: NoteWorthy Online on 2008-09-06 10:00 pm
I did a little reading on the CONCERTMATE 990, and I got the impression that it did not require any extra steps in order to get MIDI input to function. If your cables and connections work correctly with some other keyboard, then there are basically three possible fail points:

1) The In/Out labels are opposite on this keyboard and you are connecting your MIDI cables in reverse order, or

2) Some option on the keyboard is preventing it from working, or

3) The keyboard has developed a fault