NoteWorthy Composer Forum

Forums => General Discussion => Topic started by: llucyy on 2006-06-16 02:47 am

Title: Lyric across bar-line
Post by: llucyy on 2006-06-16 02:47 am
When bringing out an old (2001) nwc file of mine to print, probably done in 1.5 or something and printing it now again from 1.75b, I have problems with long lyric syllables with ------ to indicate sustain, not being able to cross a bar-line ino the subsequent tied notes, and thus stretching out the space to the last note of the bar.i.e the lyric word "fall-----------" going from crotchet 4 in the bar tied to a semi-breve in the next bar.My old hard copies have this, no problem, but I can't do it now.Is there a work-around or is there some box I haven't ticked?
Title: Re: Lyric across bar-line
Post by: Rick G. on 2006-06-16 10:59 am
This was just discussed the the beta newsgroup as:
"Question for choir members and other singers"

An attachment there shows a workaround using layers and "missing" barlines. It's called "Lyric Spacing.nwc"  I haven't upgraded my account so I can't link to to here.
Post by: llucyy on 2006-06-20 05:08 am
Thanks Rick, But I can't find that file. I have made my own and together with a modified font can copy and paste suitable length lines as text. I type the word and then the first dash with ^ using the modified font. Then copy and paste the line I want. Have to sometimes adjust vertical and sometimes use centre or right placement, but looks and prints well.Would insert the file and font but can't work out this crazy forum.
Post by: David Palmquist on 2006-06-20 07:39 am
If you are an NWC2 user, you should be able to attach a file in this forum. Click "additional options" to the lower left of your message window when you're writing a message.
Post by: llucyy on 2006-06-21 04:44 am
Thanks David, I have NWC2 and access the NWC Forums and seem to be a User but I still don't know which icon to use to insert files in my post.
Post by: Andrew Purdam on 2006-06-21 05:21 am
It may be that you need to be registered on the forum as a NWC2 Tester (or Virtuoso).
This process is initiated at https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=5483.0
But have a look just below the main text area when posting a reply.
If there is a little
+Additional Options...
thingy, click on the cross and see if there is an Attach: field.
Post by: NoteWorthy Online on 2006-07-05 06:57 am
Andrew is correct. Only verified accounts can post attachments here.